Monday, November 3, 2014

God rest ye merry gentlemen...????


That time of the season again, you know, fall and winter, time to rest and recover. Time for planning the coming year and all that good stuff we are taught and witness within others...but it never ever has happened for me.

Maybe its the hyper thing, or just my chemical make-up...hell if i know. I do know that this past year, Lady A and I took a lot on in the gardens and it consumed a lot of our time this past spring and summer. We tried a few new crops and experimented with different soil compositions in brand new beds that we had built in the spring, plus we got us the 4 most beautiful baby hens in the world and we love them dearly. (and I had no experience in building a hen house but we did it!) Yeah, we been busy...

Maybe its cause i'm getting older, <big 43>, but this past summer drained me down. Dam right it was hot, this is south Georgia ya know, but it nearly killed my appetite, lost 20 lbs that I didn't need too, got sick...you name it...

We learned a lot for next year with our new garden beds, sure, we will plan etc etc...
But, I wish I could learn to be still, to be quiet, to relax and contemplate during this "off" season. I got new books stacked where I just haven't had the time to digest them all yet. Maybe this will be the winter where I learn to just say no and instead slow the hell down and take in the beauty that is winter. I ain't saying cold weather cause I will always hate the cold, I am a southerner down to my blood, lol...

Anyways, I do hope we all slow down this winter and just enjoy our life, and our loves...and god rest ye merry gentlemen..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment