Monday, March 23, 2015

It's a Beautiful Day, right?


Well, at least Saturday was, lol. Our Ostara Sabbat could have not been more perfect! The sun was shining and the entire world seemed afresh with a new day. We finished our new garden bed and planted for the coming harvest. Our sabbat was magickal and sexual, as Ostara should be. For me, Ostara is more like Beltane for south Georgia where we live and wicca is a fertility religion soooo fertile we must be, right..lol
But Sunday and today is overcast, wet, colder, you name it. I am reminded of an oracle deck I have where the sabbat card for Ostara still has a lil snow left on the ground, seems bout right except for the cold snow part, spring is here no doubt but still early and the dregs of winter are still around.
Magickal items that are made by yourself do seem more powerful, I had told of my witch runes that I had finished recently, and dam if the readings I'm getting off my casts are not accurate and foretelling, in a powerful way. One could prolly make something like that from their own imagination and will them into fruition, but I chose to keep with the traditional set because its what I know and am comfortable with, but the castings are dead on, blessed be...
I made the mistake of ordering that bloodstone pendulum point from a non-witch shop and its not set right on the little latch thingie. It's what I get but will not make that mistake again! We should buy from our own anyway and not somewhere else...stupid.
I highly recommend including the Lenormand deck into anyones practice who also use the tarot. I have had a few of these decks for a number of years now but just recently began to study and actually use them. I didn't think that i would really be able to connect with these cards for some reason, maybe my fondness for the tarot, i don't know but i am glad now that i have started. They are an easy enough deck to learn and use and can be very useful in your practice. I have a new book witch includes the Lenormand and the Tarot and its a really enjoyable read...
I also read where Janet Farrar has a couple of new books coming out soon, one witch deals with traditional witchcraft and not wicca per say...can't wait. I do love her works...

No comments:

Post a Comment