Sunday, September 6, 2015

Labor Day and Summer Musings


I would be lying if I didn't say that I am enjoying my 3 day holiday weekend at home with my family. Tomorrow we have family over and with weather permitting, i will be back grilling and chilling...

Today we were in the shade garden and while I was reading the latest issue of Witches and
Pagans magazine, i truly got a sense of the coming of fall. The wind was nicely blowing through the trees, i had a fat old oak log burning in the fire pit and that smell just screams autumn. I look and see acorns on the trees and pine straw beginning to fall, just the atmosphere alone was so peaceful.

Mabon is upon us soon, the second harvest, and yet we have been so fortunate that we have had many harvests already out of our gardens this year and have already planted for our fall/winter beds. Our ducks and chickens provide us with plenty of fertilizer and we have really begun to use compost almost exclusively. Recycle and Reuse is the key, use what is not only better, but already around you. It is apart of the pagan lifestyle anyway, or should be.

There are 2 Wiccan Sabbats during the Fall, Mabon and Samhain, two of the best Sabbats there are in South Georgia for planning outdoor rituals. The weather is perfect, nighfall comes early, and Fall has always seemed to me, the very witching hour. Lady A and I have much to be thankful for this Mabon Sabbat, we have had a great harvest this season and while now is the time where we can slow down some and not have mini heat strokes, lol, we still plan for the future. There is still much to do and a busy witch, is a happy witch..

No comments:

Post a Comment